the most grand art form.

Today in my ap lit class we talked about music and its importance to memories. We related songs to our childhoods and how they are deeply rooted in our memories. After we did that we read "The myth of music" which was a good read. What I took from it is that music is such a powerful centerpiece to unity. This is because the speaker's memories were contacted by music and musical elements of her family.With that being said, the speaker conveyed the importance of music to us. For me, music is an otherworldly art form, the most complex and recognizable art. Music to me is self-expression in its best form. Since I always been a big fan of music and songwriting, I understand wholeheartedly how a song can tell a story. How it can acknowledge listeners feelings and thoughts. I can name my go-to songs for every mood I am in an instant. I can also write a song about anything once given the word and beat. Music is second nature to everyone and I feel as if though music has been water downed to a selective genre of beauty and wit. When it should be reduced to confident individuals expressing their thoughts, feelings, and emotions through an art form for consumers.We also learned about myths and how it is a myth that "music is universal" which is true for some but not the speaker in the poem.

Comments

Popular Posts