Reader Profile!

Reading is fundamental, that's what my 1st-grade teacher told me. She would always tell me "Shane, the more you read, the more knowledge you obtain. Which during that time, I thought she was talking gibberish. But, as I got older I learned she was right. Developing an actual interest was hard, especially when I had to read a book for class. But, nevertheless, I fell in love with reading. My strengths are understanding what I’m actually reading. My weakness is applying what I read to questions/answers. Same with poems, who I can never quite understand the “deeper” meaning. The purpose reading serves for me, is the helping of actually developing a stronger knowledge on certain topics. My passions often align with what I choose to read since I want them to be about or relate to what I like and feeling at that moment. My peeves are historical books. Often time these books are set in the “old” days. Where the dialect was different and hard to understand. Such as the title misleads me to believe the story is about a certain topic, but then it's not. To conclude, reading is fundamental and is a much more useful skill.

Comments

Popular Posts