"My Happy Place"

             
              Like the speaker in Birches and his happy place, mines is my bed and music. Whenever I feel as if life is getting too complicated I go to my current playlist and listen to my favorite songs. Each song apart of this playlist has a meaning more than just the song itself. When I listen to the song it takes me to a place where I am the song. It embodies itself in me. I take every lyric and decipher it into a vivid music video where I am the artist singing the song. I picture myself into every verse, to the chorus, to the bridge where I come up with the most relatable scenes. Then after that song is over I do the same thing with the next song. I also imagine myself in the artists' mind when they were writing the song. What made them say this particular lyric. What were they going through to write such a masterpiece? I then imagine myself with the artist and picture myself helping them write the song.

Comments

Popular Posts