kite runner

In chapter 1, of the kite runner I was introduced to the Narrator, Hassan, Baba, Ali, and Rahim Khan. My favorite character thus far is the narrator. The narrator is very intelligent and sensitive. He's really in tune with his emotions and idolizes his father. In these few chapters, I also got to characterize the characters I listed. Such as Hassan who is strong and protective of the narrator. Baba is determined and self-righteous. Ali is hardworking and reserved. Than lastly Rahim Khan who is understanding and generous. I feel like each character is going to have an impact on the narrator's life throughout the book. I also learned that the narrator's mom died and Hassan's father is Ali and works for the narrator's family; Hassans the mother left with a group to do music. I feel that each boy was robbed of a mother and really aren't getting the nurturing care they both need. In chapter two, I learned how rich and respected the narrator and Baba really were. How Baba designed their house in his own light and such. I also learned about how nurturing the narrator was, due to Hassan being harassed and him comforting Hassan. In chapter 3, I learn the narrator is a devout reader and loves literature(such as novels and poems). His fondness of books comes from his mother. Also during this time, it was frowned upon for "boys" to read poems and especially in his father's eyes. Baba also states in this chapter that "theft" is the biggest sin and all other sins aren't as gratifying as theft. Baba and The narrator really don't have a relationship. The narrator has a father-son relationship with Rahim Khan. This is probably because he understands the narrator. Baba isn't fond of the narrator's characteristics and is trying to figure out what is wrong with him. However, Rahim tends to dismiss what Baba is saying by informing him that the narrator is his own person and shouldn't be just like him.

Comments

Popular Posts