Tales.

What do women most desire? My original answer was equality. Today in my Ap lit class we read some of the Canterbury Tales. I got introduced to the knight, squire, and the wife of bath(my favorite). My favorite character was the wife of bath who was very relatable to the 21st-century woman. I say that because she represents today's belief systems. Other than that her character didn't fit into the beauty standards of her time period, but she still stayed true to herself. After that, we read her tale about a knight who did something horrible. It was so horrible that the queen herself wanted to inflict his punishment. In doing so she opened the knight's eyes about what women most desire. Which I first thought was equality but the answer was to be in control over their husband.

Comments

Popular Posts