My Blackness.

Today in my Ap lit class we read two poems by Maya Angelou and discussed the topic of black culture. The topics ranged from how black people are perceived in the world and also how our culture has been a welcome mat into creations.To me being black is iconic. Yes,iconic because we are innovators,talented,colorful,and  an exquisite race of people. To already have a group of people that have laid the foundation for me to be able to build on is a blessing. Often times this can be an advantage or disadvantage due to me with being black and all about my blackness. Meaning the more confident I become within my blackness, the more stereotyped and intimidating I'll be. However, I still celebrate my blackness because many can't do the same. So thank you to those pillars of my community for laying the groundwork for me to create on.

Comments

Popular Posts