engraved songs.

Today in my ap lit class we read a poem and had a class discussion about songs. The discussion was based on songs that are deeply rooted in us. We made a list of 10 songs and how they are connected to a memory or time. I had a lot of songs with a lot of memories connected to them. Songs such as "this is me"(camp rock-soundtrack), "I put a spell on you"-Nina Simone, and "Crazy in love" Beyonce. Each song has a memory/emotion with them. After we shared, we read a poem. The poem was really good and showed that even after years past and you sometimes forget. A song can trigger that memory at any time. Which I think is really humbling because knowing how you felt when that song was first played and how you feel in the present is just very crucial to living.

Comments

Popular Posts